How can I add a library to my static MFC project?
You need to follow these steps:
- Build a static library using Integration Wizard.
- Add the following code to your application's stdafx.cpp (after include stdafx.h):
#if _MSC_VER > 1500
#pragma warning(disable: 4996)
- In the Visual C++ open "Resource Includes" dialog (View | Resource Includes in Visual C++ 6.0 or right click to .rc folder in "Resource View " tab in Visual Studio.NET or later editions).
- Add #include "bcgprores.h" to "Read-only symbol directives".
- Add #include "BCGCBPro.rc" to "compile-time directives". If your project requires localization, type #include "L.***\bcgcbpro.rc" where *** is a language name prefix. See Localization page for more details.
- Remove _AFX_NO_SPLITTER_RESOURCES. Otherwise, you'll not be able to see splitter cursors required by the library.
- If you are using static library version with MFC shared DLL, add "#define _BCGCBPRO_STATIC_" to "compile-time directives".
- If your project was ported from MFC version 2008 or higher, please remove all references to afxribbon.rc in your resource file: it conflicts with BCGCBPro.rc.
- If you need to load Office 2007-like styles, you've to add the following .rc files to "compile-time directives" after #include "BCGCBPro.rc":
#include "<BCGPro installation folder>\Styles\BCGPStyle2007Luna.rc"
#include "<BCGPro installation folder>\Styles\BCGPStyle2007Obsidian.rc"
#include "<BCGPro installation folder>\Styles\BCGPStyle2007Silver.rc"
#include "<BCGPro installation folder>\Styles\BCGPStyle2007Aqua.rc"
and add <BCGPro installation folder>\Styles folder to "Additional resource include directory" in the project's Resources settings.
(you've to make the same changes for Office 2010-like, Carbon or Scenic styles)